Dear Sport Ireland Stakeholder,
As you will be aware, on December 30th 2020 the Government announced a revised Level 5.
During this period people are asked to stay at home, except to travel for work, education or other essential purposes.
The below should be noted in relation to sport & exercise. Full details on those measures can be viewed here:
1. Sporting facilities (Indoors & Outdoors), gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools must close.
2. Activity is restricted to individual training/personal exercise within 5 km of home.
3. Individuals may meet with one other household in outdoor settings when taking personal exercise.
4. Exemptions to Training & Matches apply to certain professional, elite sports, horse-racing, greyhound racing and approved equestrian events. Such events should take place behind closed doors.
5. No other matches or events are to take place.
Sport Ireland will continue to provide updates to the Sector as and when they arise.
Note – Athletics Ireland has formally requested the Sport Ireland Expert group to keep outdoor facilities open for individual training for those living within 5km of their club and we will revert if there is any update on this matter, unfortunately at this time All athletics clubs must close.
In regard to AI insurance covers in place during Level 5 lockdown and club closure. Athletics Ireland have negotiated that all registered AI members will be covered by their AI personal accident insurance whilst undertaking club approved training in an individual capacity for injury resulting from an accident. Additionally, all AI registered members participating in online virtual coaching sessions by approved club coaches will also be covered by their AI personal accident insurance.