Hope everyone is all set for the first event in the 2014 Mayo AC Move2Improve Series, the 5th Annual Kilmovee 10k which starts tomorrow Sat 19th April at 1pm
– Race Numbers and chips can be collected from pre-registered section in clubhouse from 10am on Saturday morning.
– There is parking available at pitch, but it is limited so please try and get there early and car pool where ever possible.
– Changing room and showers after race available.
– Refreshments will be served in Kilmovee Community Centre after race.
– There will be a limited number of places for people to register on the day.
Most importantly of all have an enjoyable run, jog or walk!
We are delighted that the new series will be sponsored by C&C Cellular, continuing their involvement with the the club over the past nine years.
The ‘Move 2 Improve’ Series consists of six races – four 10ks, and two 8ks, all independently organised events with accurately measured courses, permits from Athletics Ireland and their own prize structures. John Roddy and his team have worked hard to make Kilmovee 10k one of the best organised events in the country, and its popularity has grown immensely in a short time – this will be the 5th year. You will enjoy a big welcome, a traffic free course, chip timing, and wholesome refreshments afterwards before the prizegiving at the Community Centre. Details of the event are available on the links in our event calendar. Club members are strongly encouraged to wear our distinctive vest to mark the occasion and to celebrate the recent brilliant success of the women’s teams at the National 10k.
As the name suggests, the ‘Move 2 Improve’ Series is focused mainly on those who have taken up the sport in recent years, who are looking to achieve new levels of performance. Many will have taken up the sport through Fit4Life and other local initiatives. Others will have an opportunity to experience races in the company of their peers, make new friends and generally have fun. The series is open to all.